Managed IT Services are the outsourcing of responsibility for maintaining the process and functions of a business to support, manage and improve its IT operations and management and cut expenses. It is another version of the classic break/fix or on-demand outsourcing.
Under this model, the client or customer can choose to outsource the entire IT Operations to a Managed IT Service Provider or just outsource in parts and work together with organisations internal dedicated IT resources.
Usually, the client and MSP are bound by a contract with a service level agreement (SLA).
- Managed Services Providers (MSP’s) are an efficient way to stay up to date and be on top of ever-changing technology.
- Have access to skills and address issues immediately, provides cost savings, quality of available, on-demand or dedicated resources, and mitigate risk.
- MSP’s provide a vendor-agnostic approach to service delivery by implementing the best breed of products and solutions which has specific benefits for their customers.
Types of Managed Services in IT
- Software – production support and maintenance
- Systems Management
- Data backup and recovery
- Data storage, warehouse, and management
- Cloud transformation
- Internet / Connectivity
- Network monitoring, management, and security
- HR and payroll